About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Feliz compelamos a ti (Happy Birthday to you)

Hi all,

I hope your Thursday is going well. I'm "working" in my home office today. I actually was working but just put it aside for a while to take some pictures of my card for this week's Paper Players challenge. This week, Laurie is the hostess with a music theme.

I have lots of patterned papers with sheet music backgrounds which is what I originally pulled out to use and I made a Christmas card. But, I just wasn't feeling it was all that fun, so I put it in my stash and made this one instead. My sister's "honey" has a birthday in a few days and he is hispanic. I think he'll get a kick out of this guy.




The images are from SugarPea Designs. They are stamped with memento black ink and colored with Copics. I fussy cut them out and glued them to the card. The base is SU Basic Black and the three stripes are Hello Honey, Glorious Green and Real Red. The sentiment is printed with my computer and is part of the "Happy Birthday to You" song in Spanish. I added the music notes from an Avery Elle set.

Here is the inside. The paper picado banners are also from an Avery Elle set called Papel Picado Banners. The sentiments are from the SugarPea set. The banners are stamped with SU Glorious Green and Real Red inks using a Misti.



Supplies
Stamps: Let's Fiesta set by SugarPea Designs, Papel Picado Banners & Caroling Critters sets by Avery Elle
Paper: SU Basic Black, Real Red, Hello Honey and Glorious Green card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Glorious Green and Real Red, Copics
Other: SU dimensionals

A few months ago I began my craft room re-organization. I took everything out and had it painted. The color is Sherwin Williams Sea Salt and it is a very light sea green. I love it! The accents and ceiling are all bright white. I decided to go with IKEA shelving and drawers. The shelving and desk are from the Kallax line and the drawers are from the Alex line. They have been up for about a month. I had ordered ink pad and marker inserts for the Kallax and some drawer divider storage for the Alex from Organize More. Those finally arrived this week and I've gotten them filled. Hopefully, you don't mind a few pictures of the final organization. (It's not to say I won't be tweaking things as I use it, but for now, it seems to be good.)









As you can see, my card stock is in plastic sleeves, labeled with a label maker and stored sidewise in the top cubes. The desk is 5 ft x 5 ft. It removes from the cube wall unit very easily, which is important because this room also serves as the guest bedroom. I wanted a large surface area for cutting fabric when I decide to do quilting. I've stored things that I don't use often in the cubes under the desk in the fabric cubes inserts like the ones you see on the right side above the desk.

At the end of the drawer units is a closet. One side has the plastic drawer units that hold my old wooden stamps. For the other side, I bought some metal shelving on rollers from Bed, Bath, Beyond for my patterned papers. They are stored in mesh boxes from The Container Store. Also, one of my Raskog carts lives next to it. Above these is a shelf that is bowed from years of storing my card stock on it. I've placed 3 of the fabric boxes to store various things. I moved my punch (some of them) storage to the wall of the closet too. The closet had sliding wardrobe doors. I've taken them off and will replace with bi-fold doors at some point. (I really don't like it open, but it is easier to access)







One Raskog cart has all of my various adhesives, washi tapes, and stamp cleaning supplies. I had my Copics in the top of this Raskog cart until the inserts arrived. The other Raskog cart has my dies that are not stamp set dies, like the MFT STAX etc. For dies that coordinate with stamp sets, I store them with the stamp set on magnetic panels, including my SU set dies.

As far as stamp storage, for the companies such as Lawn Fawn, Avery Elle, Simon Says Stamp etc that are all photopolymer, they are stored in plastic sleeves in refrigerator bins as many stampers are doing. They sit on top of the Alex drawer units within easy reach. If the set has coordinating dies, they are stored with the stamps. For my SU and Taylored Expressions sets, some are in a book case just as you walk in the room. The rest are in two bookcases in our garage. (I don't sell my stamps. They are my friends.)

So, it's not as fancy as many craft rooms and it has to do triple duty, craft room, home office, guest room, but I'm really enjoying the space more. Before, I had a portable table facing the wall with stacks and stacks of stuff. Now it's organized, and I look out at the ocean!





I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend. We will be at our friend's house in the Central Coast wine region for a long 4 day get-a-way. Thanks for indulging me in sharing my "new" space.

Colleen


2 comments:

  1. I love the fun party feel of your card this week Colleen - I'm sure it will go done well! Your newly redecorated craft space is fabulous - I'm sure you will enjoy may hours of working in that wonderful calm and creative space. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week - enjoy your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, your craft room is amazing! I love it! So organized and clean! I wish I had more organization in my room!
    Now, on to this hilarious card! I love it! Such a FUN take on the music theme! You know I love the vibrant colors and color blocked background! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!