About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, March 26, 2018

Hello


Happy Monday peeps,

I hope the start of the work week went well for you. I worked in my office today which was a nice way to start the week. The last three, I had to be up very early to get to the airport.

Mr. Personal Chef and I went out to the Temecula Wine Country yesterday afternoon. It was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We tasted at a couple of wineries and had lunch, then headed home. After dinner, I spend the time making this card following Claire's sketch for this week's Paper Players challenge. What a fun sketch this week.

I pulled out some Carta Bella Spring Market patterned papers that came with the Simon Says Stamp March kit which was the inspiration for my card design. The stamp set is from Hero Arts.





After adhering the pattern papers to the Whisper White card base I cut a circle from X-Press It Blending card stock with a Die-namics Double Stitched circle die. I stamped the daisy flowers using Memento tuxedo black on X-Press It Blending card stock and colored them with Copics. They were then cut out using the set dies and placed on the circle. The top daisy is popped up with dimensionals. The bees and the sentiment are from the same Hero Arts stamp set.

Here is the inside:


The inside flower is stamped with SU Blushing Bride ink. I used my Misti to align the inside sentiments.

I'll be working around San Diego tomorrow and then we have a Little League game to attend in the late afternoon. I hope your Tuesday is a good one.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Daisy and Bugs set by Hero Arts
Paper: SU Whisper White, X-Press It Blending card stock and Carta Bella Spring Market patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Blushing Bride, Copics
Other: Hero Arts Daisy & Bugs set dies, Die-namics Double Stitched Circle and Fishtail Flags STAX dies, SU green Baker's twine, Gemini Jr, dimensionals, Misti Stamping tool

3 comments:

  1. How fresh and reminiscent of Spring your card is this week Colleen - love those subtle pink daisies against the patterned background. Those busy bees are a nice touch too! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, what a gorgeous collection of papers and I love the inside sentiment. Beautiful job on the daisies, too. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, this is gorgeous! I love the mix of patterns and the lovely flowers and bee! Thank you for joining my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!