About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Thank You Kindly


Hello to all,

I've given up on work today as I'm progressively feeling "yucky" as the day goes on. Too many planes, hospitals (my customers), restaurants etc lately, and clearly I've picked up "the bug." I'm hoping it's not the horrible flu bug, but rather just a cold virus. I did get the flu shot back in October, so if it is the flu, I'm counting on a milder case. Anyhoo, it's too hard to really concentrate on spreadsheets so I've traded my work laptop for my Mac and decided to look at cards on some of my favorite blogs.

I also thought I'd post this card that I made on Saturday at my craft group. While the other ladies were busy making cards from the projects that I had put together for them, I pulled out a sheet of the new Petal Passion DSP and colored it with some Blends. After coloring, I put it to use on this card. No challenge this time, just a classic layout.

The stamps and dies are from the Petal Palette Bundle. (I just love the little bird!)




The black band is embossed with one of the new Petal Pair Embossing Folders. The circle dies are both Die-namics. The branches are cut from Whisper White that I first scribbled on the Light Shade of Old Olive and Calypso Coral. They look like they have more depth than just using plain card stock, I think. I added a couple of SU clear rhinestones to the sentiment circle.

Here's a look at the inside. It's stamped with the large flower stamp in the set using Memento tuxedo black in and colored with Blends.



I'm practicing with the SU Blends. I've used Copics for a long time and feel pretty proficient coloring with them, but I have a ways to go using the Blends. They do have great coverage and are very vibrant.

We were invited to go out with friends for dinner tonight, but I think I'm just going to send my Personal Chef since I don't want to spread any germs. I'll stay in and eat some soup. Maybe later I'll feel like coloring something.

Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: SU Petal Palett set
Paper: SU Basic Black and Whisper White card stock, SU Petal Passion DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Stampin' Blends Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Delightful Daffodil, and Cherry Cobbler sets
Other: SU Petals and More thinlits dies, Die-namics Cross Stitched circle and Scalloped circle dies, SU Petal Pair EF, Gemini Jr, dimensionals, SU rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!