About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Merry Christmas

Hello,

It's a gloomy-foggy day at my house today. A little chilly too, although I know some of you will laugh at me for saying that. But really, it's damp, breezy and cold. A perfect day to stay in and work on more holiday cards. Later this afternoon, we have our weekly Little League Fall Ball game to attend. I plan on wearing my Uggs.

I just received my latest Concord and 9th order and I love everything. I couldn't wait to play with the Christmas CheerTurnabout set. So, so fun! I've made several panels experimenting with colors, embossing, and filling in the images with the stamps specifically designed for the purpose. I've used one of those panels to make this card for the Freshly Made Sketch this week.






The images are stamped using black ink and the Misti Stamping Tool. After the four turns, I filled in the images with Distress Oxide inks in greens and pinks using an acrylic block, not the Misti. I trimmed the panel down to size and trimmed off the lower left corner following the sketch. For the corner piece, I dry embossed some X-Press It card stock wth a Taylored Expressions Snowflake EF. Before gluing it to the larger panel, I cut the TE Scalloped Border to use as a divider piece.

The card base and scroll die are SU Regal Rose. I stamped the greeting with VersaMark and heat embossed it with Hero white EP, then popped it up with dimensionals. Finally, since I HAVE to embellish, I used tiny rhinestones, red for the deer's nose, yellow for the tops of the trees and clear in the center of the mittens.

I used the same layout on the inside with my new favorite Christmas sentiment from the SU Hearts Come Home set. The border here is TE Snowflake border die.



Have a great Sunday evening and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Christmas Cheer Turnabout set by Concord & 9th, SU Hearts Come Home set (inside)
Paper: X-Press It Blending and SU Regal Rose card stock
Ink: MFT Hybrid Black, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, and VersaMark inks
Other: Misti Stamping Tool, Taylored Expressions Snowflake Embossing Folder, TE Small Scalloped Border die, TE Snowflake Border die, Christmas Cheer Turnabout die, Hero White EP, the Big Shot, Heat Tool, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered this set too! I can't wait to get it and play with it! I love your untraditional color palette as well as all those little embellishments! Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!