About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Hello


Hello crafty friends,

I spent yesterday exactly as I said I would, crafting, watching US Open Tennis and some baseball. In the evening we went to our friends for dinner and as per usual, had a great time catching up with them. Jai always cooks a fabulous meal. His theme last night was Hawaiian Luau. Grilled chicken, a take on Chinese cabbage salad with serrano peppers, sticky rice and Mai tais. My own Personal Chef made a yummy shrimp cocktail for apps, and chocolate pie for dessert. Hopefully, I haven't made you too hungry, LOL.

This is one of the cards that I made yesterday. It uses the sketch from this week's  SIP Challenge and the colors from this week's Color Throwdown. I'm not really loving the mixed gingham look. In my mind, I thought it would look super cute, but really, not so much. However, I spent some quality time putting it together and coloring the PI, so I'll send it to someone and they probably won't be so critical.





Aw with many of my cards, there are several companies represented. The stamps, patterned papers, and flower die are from MFT. The stitched scalloped circle and hello die are Lawn Fawn, and the red gingham circle is cut with Spellbinders.

I stamped the PI image on X-Press It Blending card stock and colored her with Copics. I decided to cut the "hello" die again with black paper and use the black for the inserts in the loops of the letters. Just for something different. To complete the card I rounded opposite corners and added some enamel dots.

It's more of the same for me today. The weather is gloomy again, even with a few rain drops this morning. It beats the heat we've been having over the last 4-5 days.

Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence Sunflower Girl by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Heavy Whisper White, Real Red, Summer Sun, Daffodil Yellow, More Mustard, Gumball Green, Basic Black and X-Press It Blending card stock, MFT Gingham Patterned Papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped circle and Hello, Spellbinders circle, Die-Namics Sunflower dies, Fiskars corner rounder punch, enamel dots, the Big Shot, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Adorable little PI and yes...we are our own worst critic! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!