About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

When I Count My Blessings. . .

Hello crafty friends,

It's been another gloomy, drizzly day here in San Diego by the ocean. According to the weatherman, by Monday it will be over 90 degrees at the beach. It sure doesn't seem like it's possible today.

Another productive afternoon in my stamp room. I got a chance to play with some more new sets from the upcoming SU Holiday Catalog. This one is made using this week's Freshly Made Sketch.




I played around with several elements and shapes and in the end settled for background stamping, a circle and the little house tag. Remember the Spectrum Ink Pads from several years ago? I pulled one out to use thinking it would probably be dry, but it was still nice an inky. I love them for stamping fall leaves. I used it again on the inside for one of the larger stamps in this new SU set.


We are having dinner with two other couples in our hood. We hang out together frequently and have a great time. I hope you all have a fun Saturday evening too.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: SU Count My Blessings
Paper: SU Heavy and regular Very Vanilla, SSS Heavy Kraft and Lawn Fawn Plaid patterned paper
Ink: SU Spectrum Ink pad, Hero Arts Pumpkin Pie ink pad and SU Soft Suede ink pad
Other: SU burlap ribbon, Die-namics circle dies, TE House tag, SU rhinestone brad, SU candy dots,
the Big Shot, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! The font on the sentiment is fabulous and I have so many of those multi-color ink pads (not the SU ones, though). What a blast from the past! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!