About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, March 31, 2017

This Calls For Mimosas! & Hello. . . A Two Card Post

Hi again all,

This is my second post today. After finishing up with my work, thankfully a little earlier than I expected, I thought I'd post two more cards that I made earlier in the week.

The first card is made using this week's Freshly Made Sketch sketch. I'm using a relatively new set from Avery Elle that I ordered a few weeks ago called Mimosas. I love mimosas, but I love just the champagne even more! This stamp set has several word stamps and I thought it would be fun to use them stamped in a line for the top horizontal elements in Kim's sketch. The colors are from this week's Color Throwdown challenge. The colors this week are light yellow, blue and green. I just received a set of the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks and used them to stamp the words. Love the look of these inks!





The second card is made using another color challenge, this one brought to us by Sunday Stamps Weekly Challenge. The inspiration photo this week is succulents, but I used flowers from a WPLUS 9 set.




I was watching this video by Kathy Racoosin the other day where she was coloring with a very dark shade Copic marker and a very light shade Copic marker, then using the colorless blender to blend them together. I think she called it ink smashing. I thought I'd give it a try and this card is my result. Kind of fun and a very different look from just regular Copic coloring.

The background panel is water color paper and Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in greens. After drying with a heat took, I splattered purple over the panel and then dried that. The card base and scalloped circle border are retired SU Lovely Lilac. (It used to be one of my favorite SU colors). There were lots of steps to make this card, but oh so fun!

Thanks for stopping by again,
Colleen


Card 1 Supplies
Stamps: Mimosas set by Avery Elle
Paper: SU So Safforn and X-Press It Blending card stocks
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, Memento Black, Copics
Other: Avery Elle Mimosas dies, Die-namics Stitched Oval die, Fiskars corner punch, enamel dots, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Card 2 Supplies
Stamps: Doodle Buds set by WPlus 9
Paper: Strathmore water color, X-Press It Blending and SU Lovely Lilac card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide
Other: Die-namics Stitched Scalloped Circle Frame die, the Big Shot, foam tape, Sharpie white paint marker

6 comments:

  1. Love how you used those wonderful sentiments as the stripes in the sketch! Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to your sweet card using the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards and what a great idea to use words for the three horizontal lines in the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those purple flowers look amazing! Love the font on your sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love how those flowers turned out! Such a cool effect! And they look beautiful in the cut out center! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this stamp set
    and you give me a great idea how to arrange all this cute flowers Colleen
    I ADORE your beautiful card
    Great made Colleen
    hugs
    Monika
    PS: would be so happy if you like to see my DT card and you can not believe I used the same set :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!