About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Life Is Like A Cup of Tea

Hello,

It's the end of the work week for me as I have tomorrow off. I'll be flying to northern California to attend the memorial service for my Uncle who passed a few days before Christmas. He was a truly awesome man and I was very close to him growing up. My family lived on the same ranch so I saw him every day. He was one of those people who had that "goodness" within.

I was a little busy with work this week, but I wanted to be sure to play along with the Paper Players challenge. Joanne has an interesting sketch for us to use. I debated on some things and finally decided to forgo the diamond shapes and use a new Simon Says Stamp set that I purchased recently.




The stamp set, patterned papers and enamel shapes are all part of the February 2017 Simon Says Stamp Kit of the Month. The cup images are stamped on X-Press It Blending card stock with Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. After adhering the patterned paper to the card front, I fussy cut the cups and glued them in place. The sentiment is stamped in SU Black Archival ink. For the teas, I used different browns with under tones of red, yellow and green to make the tea's look like different flavors. I think it worked.

Do you like flavored tea? I'm NOT a fan. Tea is my beverage of choice, but I drink iced tea rather than hot. I buy the organic black iced tea in large bags from Harney & Sons. I use an Iced Tea maker to brew it and I probably make a new batch every day and a half. I don't drink any sodas, so tea is my deal.

I hope you all have a fun weekend. Mine will have some sadness mixed with some fun seeing relatives that I've not seen in several years. Also, my mom, sister, brother and I will get to spend the weekend together and that's a good thing.

Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Coffee and Tea set by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: SU Whisper White, X-Press It Blending card stocks and Doodlebug Cream and Sugar patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Archival black, Copics
Other: Enamel shapes, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Colleen I love your bright little tea cups - perfect for my sketch! The sentiment is so true - I am a big tea drinker, black, strong and hot with a little milk and probably drink 8 cups a day! I like fruit tea too, particularly cold in summer when it's quite refreshing. Thinking of you today - a day of mixed emotions, for sure. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun take on the sketch! I adore the teacups with their sweet smiling faces. Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen this is just adorable! Love your happy little teacups and your tea-riffic take on the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!