About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, December 2, 2016

Happy New Home

Happy Friday!

For me it is indeed a happy Friday. My last official day of work for a month! And to be honest, I'm not doing a whole lot of work today either. I worked some longer hours this week in order to finish all of my reports, etc., so today is just taking care of things that come in.

A good friend recently moved to a new house and tomorrow she is having a combo Christmas and House Warming party. Last night after dinner I made a card for the occasion. Using inspiration from this week's Color Throwndown colors and the sketch from CAS(E) THIS SKETCH, I put this together.




The three colored houses are heat embossed with black craft ink and clear EP onto water color paper. Using Distress ink pads and a paint brush I water colored them in the challenge colors. After dry, I cut them out using the corresponding dies.

For the white background panel, I stamped the houses onto X-Press It Blending card stock using Memento tuxedo black and the Mini Misti to get them perfectly aligned. The sentiment is heat embossed using black craft and clear EP. 

The banners are water color paper smooshed with the Distress inks and cut with Die-namics dies and the heart is cut with a Lawn Fawn die.

I used fun foam to raise the white panel for dimension.

This may be a little "busier" than the Sketch intends, but I think it turned out pretty cool. 

The ladies over at Stamp, Ink, Paper have an embossing theme this week, so I'm playing along with it as well.

Have a great Friday afternoon everyone and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Holiday Home set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Basic Black, X-Press It Blending card stock, Fabriano Grans Fina cold pressed water color paper
Ink: SU Craft Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads
Other: SU Holiday Home dies, Die-namics Pierced Fishtail Flags dies, Lawn Fawn Heart die, rhinestones, the Big Shot, fun foam, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Love this Colleen - such fun! A great take on the sketch. Happy holidays to you - enjoy your month off, I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen I am so in LOve with little houses... your 'neighborhood' is delightful, and such a cute way to portray our Sketch! Thanks for celebrating CTS's anniversary, and your friends good news!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect card for your friend's new home and I love the colors, Colleen! So glad you joined us this week at Stamp Ink Paper, and enjoy your month off, woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you colored only the front houses!! Perfectly wonderful card! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!