About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Bold "Boo"

Hello again,

It's very late Sunday evening and I've finished up packing for my work trip tomorrow morning. I had a little time just before dinner and decided to make one more card using Linda's sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.

I got this new Die-namics cover plate last month and have only used it once so far. I thought I'd see how it looks with some very bold and bright Halloween colors.

It's very rare for me to make a card with no stamping, but here you go.



The die was cut three times, once each in SU Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Purple card stocks. After popping out all of the pieces, the black frame was glued to a Pumpkin Pie card base, then I randomly glued pieces from all three colors back in. Using the Die-namics Pierced Fishtail Flags dies, I cut two from a pice of Doodlebug Halloween Parade patterned paper. The focal images are Die-namics Pinking circle and Stitched Pumpkin dies. The "Boo" is from Recollections and I added a few orange sequin for additional embellishment.

I'm off to bed so I can get up very early to make my flight to Portland. Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping in.

Supplies
Dies: Die-namics Split Chevron Cover Up, Pierced Fishtail Flags Stax, Pinking Circle, Stitched Pumpkin dies
Embellishments: Recollections glitter Boo and sequin

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and fun card! I just love that cover plate and I think I bought it when it came out but I can't remember :) Oh dear, I need help ha ha. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Colleen - very cool card! Love how you worked that die cut! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!