About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Hugs

Hi and happy Tuesday evening,

I'm home alone this week as Mr. Personal Chef is working in Virginia. I spent last evening finishing some work reports and watching baseball. I wasn't ready for sleep so I decided to make a quick card. Here's what I came up with using this week's CAS(E) THIS SKETCH sketch.





The stamp set is MFT Sunflower. I inked it using Distress Ink in two gold shades and stamped it onto some water color paper. Using an aqua painter, I went over each petal to activate the ink with water. The center of the flower is stamped in a darker gold and a dark red. Using a Die-namics circle die, I cut it out for the focal image in the sketch. The sentiment is a die from Avery Elle. The patterned paper is from Lawn Fawn's Fall plaid 6x6 pad.  I really like the browns, yellows and red together. Such a great fall color combo! A few flower sequin for embellishments.

Have a great Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Sunflower by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Soft Suede card stock, SU water color paper and Lawn Fawn Plaid pattern paper
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress ink
Other: Aqua Painter, Die-namics Stitched Zig-zag die, Avery Elle Hugs die, Mama Elephant Stitched Scalloped panel die, TE flower sequin, the Big Shot, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!