About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Thank You

Hello,

Since I saw this week's sketch at Case This Sketch, I've been thinking of how to create a card for it. I was kind of stumped to tell the truth. After viewing all of the lovely submissions on the blog to help with inspiration, I finally came up with an idea. This week's color challenge at CanYouCaseIt? helped too.

Here's what I came up with to play along with both challenges.





This is one of my very old wooden stamps from Rubber Stampede. I've had it about a billion years. I first stamped it in the center of the right side of the white panel in Memento tuxedo black ink. I made a mask from post-it notes and stamped it again at the top and bottom changing the angle each time.

After stamping, I colored the images with Copics in greens and yellows and used B01 and B02 for the space around the images.

I trimmed the panel to 3.5 inches and glued it over the strip of patterned paper onto the card base. I added a few enamel dots in the challenge colors for final embellishment.

We went to a friends for a summer dinner party on Saturday. I'll send this as their "thank you" card. Here's the inside:



Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Apple image from Rubber Stampede, Thank You greeting from Avery Elle, inside sentiment from MFT
Paper: SU Pear Pizzazz and X-Press It Blending card stock, Crate Paper patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Enamel dots

8 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card, Colleen! I love it! So creative, bright and FUN! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... stunning take on the sketch Colleen!
    Thanks for joining CTS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen...beautiful card! I love your coloring and the blue really makes it pop out! Thanks for joining us at CYCI! ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunner, inside and out! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Can You Case It Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner, inside and out! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Can You Case It Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, this card is gorgeous. Love this stamp and your fabulous coloring. Thanks for playing with us at CYCI! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colleen, Wow! Very striking! Love the coloring! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Lovely colouring, those fruit just pop off the page. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CYCI - Rose.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!