About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Thank You

Happy Monday all,

I took the day off and went for a SPA DAY with a couple of friends today, so for me it sure was a Happy Monday. We each had a facial and a massage, then lunch at the Inn at Torrey Pines. It's a beautiful craftsman style hotel and spa at the famous Torrey Pines golf course in La Jolla, Ca. The husband of one of my friends paid for our lunches, so I wanted to make a card to say thank you.

I used the Freshly Made Sketch #225. Sadly, the linkup has closed, but I love this sketch by Jen Mitchel, so used it anyway. The stamps and dies are all from MFT.




For the background, I just hand swiped stripes of black and Tip Top Taupe using my SU markers onto  white card stock. The black panel is chalkboard technique using the small stamps from the Recipe For Happiness set. The chef is stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics, then cut out with the corresponding die. I originally colored the buttons with a Spica glitter pen, but they didn't show up like I wanted so I used some gold pearls instead. (He's a classy chef). The Thank You sentiment is from the MFT Big Greetings set.

It's back to work for me tomorrow, but my week should be much more low key than last week. I hope you have a good one! Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Recipe For Happiness and Big Greetings sets by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Tip Top Taupe and Basic black card stock and X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: SU Tip Top Taupe and Basic black markers, Memento tuxedo black, Copics, VersaMark
Other: SU white EP, Die-namics dies, sponge dauber, heat tool, the Big Shot and dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!