About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Celebrate the Season

Hello again,

This is my second post today. I could wait and post this tomorrow, but sometimes Monday's are crazy with work, so I'm taking the opportunity today.

I love to do sketch challenges. Yesterday after I finished the Halloween card I posted earlier, I looked to see what the girls at CAS(E) this Sketch had for us. It took me awhile to figure out what stamps I had that would work. I'm sure I have several, but for some reason I was stuck. After pulling out some sets that are stored behind others, I found this Merry Mini's set from last year that I hadn't even put together so I placed it on my stamping desk with plans for today. On Sundays, the first blog I always check is The Paper Player's blog. I usually try to play along each week. Today Jaydee has a color challenge for us and I thought the colors would be perfect for the Merry Mini's stamps.




I used SU DSP for the background. I originally was going to use just a white card background, but I liked the color better. The dies are from MFT and some bright gold sequins adds some sparkle.

I kept the inside simple and in the same color palette:



I realize that a few of the DT members used the CTS as well. I thought about trying to come up with a different card, but went with my original plan. Great minds think alike, right ladies.

Supplies
Stamps: Stampin' Up Merry Mini's, Endless Wishes (greeting) and Merry Little Christmas (inside) sets
Paper: SU Real Red and X-Press It Blending card stocks, SU Merry Moments DSP
Ink: SU Real Red, Crushed Curry and Cucumber Crush classic ink pads
Other: Die-namics Stitched Curved Rectangle and Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX dies, sequins, Fiskers corner rounder punch, the Big Shot, dimensional tape

Thanks again,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. These are both so cute Colleen!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet take on the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I LOVE it and am thrilled that you used the CTS sketch too! The whole card just makes me SMILE and feel all Christmas-y all over! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!