About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Howdy, Country Girl

Hello, or should I say Howdy,

I have a birthday card for my cousin Cindy today. She  celebrates "the big one," as it's known in my house, this month. I'm a few months behind her, but it's coming up fast.

Cindy likes all things "country" and is an avid horse person. I figured this super cute Pure Innocence set was perfect to make her a birthday card.


 The layout comes from the My Favorite Things Wednesday sketch challenge #212.


I stamped the PI Cowgirl in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copics. Her vest is paper pieced. I used clear rhinestones for her hat band and a red rhinestone for her belt buckle. The fence is a Die-namics die as are the horseshoes. I used some thick jute twine to shape a lariat to hang over the fence. Another Die-namics die was used for the bottom scallops.


Supplies
Stamps: My Favorite Things set, Pure Innocence Cowgirl
Paper: Giddy Up 6 x 6" pad by Carta Bella patterned papers, XPress-It Blending card stock, Simon Says Stamp heavy weight craft card stock for the fence, SU silver card stock for the horse shoes
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU real red, white gel pen
Other: Die-namics fence, horseshoe, scalloped border dies, jute twine, clear and red rhinestones, glue dots, the Big Shot, diemnsionals

Thanks for looking,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Colleen, this is such a fun & cute card! And, rhinestone on the hat? Brilliant. Glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy BIG ONE, Cindy! 21, right? ;) I love that bejeweled cowgirl hat, Colleen!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!