About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Happy Fall

Happy Saturday evening all,

I trust that the weekend is going well for you. I spent most of the day with my craft group doing some stamping. I prepared a "make and take" for our group. A simple Christmas card. That's not what I'm posting here today, however.

I wanted to participate in this week's Mojo Monday challenge. I loved the layered sketch, plus it's the first week of the month, and so a contest challenge week. I used a newish Stampin' Up set from the Holiday Mini, called Wondrous Wreath, to make a "Happy Fall" card.




I inked up the wreath in various SU fall colored inks and stamped it on some SU vanilla confetti card stock. The "berries" accent stamp was inked with VersaMark ink and embossed with gold EP, then inked again in Early Expresso ink. The completed wreath was cut out with the coordinating dies. Instead of the bow stamp that comes with the set, I used the wooden leaves from SU and some old SU twine to embellish the wreath. It's layered with dimensionals onto the patterned paper panels. The belly band is made from SU burlap ribbon. It took awhile to put it all together, but worth it. I think I'll send it to my mom to let her know I'm thinking of her. She loves to get my handmade cards.

Supplies
Stamps: Wondrous Wreath set by Stampin' Up and Lawn Fawn Happy Fall stamp
Paper: SU Early Expresso, More Mustard and Vanilla Confetti card stocks and Authentic "Thankful" patterned papers
Ink: SU Old Olive, More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler and Early Expresso classic ink pads, VersaMark craft ink
Other: SU Wondrous Wreath dies, SU burlap ribbon, SU wooden leaves, SU twine, SU small corner rounder punch, Fiskars large corner rounder punch, Basic Grey candy dots, the Big Shot, dimensionals

That's all from me tonight. Time to watch some post-season baseball. Have a fabulous Sunday and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!