About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Here's Lookin' At You!

Hello,

I had a hard time deciding what to title my post. Usually, I use the sentiment on the front of my card, but "Boo" seemed too "pedestrian" this time considering my embellishments. Ha!

Yes, I kinda got carried away using "goggly eyes" on my card, but I think it turned out pretty darn cute.




I made this card for Jaydee's sketch challenge for The Paper Player's #210. The inspiration came from these Doodlebug papers. While looking through my halloween paper stash, I saw these with the eyes and remembered the Googly Ghouls SU set and the goggly eyes that go with it. Back to the papers, I love the eyes peeking through the doors!  Don't you?

The large goggly eye is from a set of "eyes" that I found in a fun gift shop a couple years ago. I haven't used them until now. Jaydee's sketch provided the perfect opportunity.

Supplies
Stamps: Goggly Ghouls set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Only Orange and Green Galore card stock and Doodlebug's Halloween Parade patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Other: classic circle Nesties, Die-namics banner die, SU goggly eyes, Archie McPhee large goggly eyes, the Big Shot and dimensionals

Happy Hump Day tomorrow and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. Cute card, I love those googly eyes! So clever to use the large one at the end of the tag! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love the googly eyed paper! What fun and these little monsters are adorable! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I love all of the googly eyes, especially that giant one! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your Halloween card! So fun and those goggly eyes are perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those googly eyes looking at me - such fun! I especially like the way you used the large one to anchor your sentiment. perfect paper choices too! Great use of this week's sketch - thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!