About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

For the Birthday Boy

Happy New Year!

I'm having a relaxing day, stamping and watching TV. I started off with the Rose Parade this morning, now I'm watching the Rose Bowl Game. Rooting for Stanford as my little sis is an alumni.

I saw that Kim posted the new MFTWSC157 sketch this morning, so I started my stamping with it. My colors come from a new color challenge blog called Colour Me!. Today is their first challenge which is to use a single color, Island Indigo, along with a neutral. I chose to use Crumb Cake as my neutral and make a masculine birthday card.



In the photo, the Island Indigo looks more dark blue than IRL, but I really did use Island Indigo CS and ink. The dies and stamps are from My Favorite Things.





Here is a look at the inside:


Supplies
Stamps: Birthday Sentiments by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Island Indigo, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla card stock and My Minds Eye patterned paper
Ink: SU Island Indigo and Crumb Cake
Other: Die-namics Triangle Screen die, Die-namics Star STAX dies, SU Crumb Cake candy dot, the Big Shot and dimensionals

Have a super week and thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I LOVE your take on the sketch and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you combined these two challenges perfectly! Such a wonderful interpretation of the sketch and use of our colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...!, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I love the bold images and sentiment. This card is beautiful inside and out, So glad you joined us at Colour Me...! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous masculine card! That star is just super. I love all your fun papers and textures - and of course, the inside (I always forget to do that part! haha). Thanks for joining us at Colour Me...! for our first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card... island indigo looks fab with crumb cake! thanks so much for playing along with the very first colour me challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!