About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanksgiving Cards

Happy Monday to all,

Each Sunday the new Paper Players challenge is posted, and with my travels lately, I haven't had a chance to play along. This week for The Paper Players #172 , Nance has a fun challenge to make a CAS card and to use leaves on your card. I rarely make Thanksgiving cards ( I don't know why because I do have several appropriate stamps for Thanksgiving), but decided this was a great opportunity to make one. I actually made two with the Paper Players challenge in mind because the first one that I made I thought may not be considered CAS. What can I say, I love layers! Anyway, I made a second card trying for a cleaner look.

Here is my version of a CAS card. The patterned papers are from Fancy Pants and everything else is Stampin' Up.



 The inside:




Here is the first card that I made. The patterned papers are from the same Fancy Pants pad and the card stock is from Taylored Expressions. The stamps are SU. The layout comes from the Seize the Sketch #8 challenge.




Supplies
Stamps: Four Seasons, Gently Falling and Seasonal Sayings sets all from Stampin' Up
Card stock: SU Confetti white, Tangerine Tango, TE gold, rust and Choice Buttercream card stocks and Fancy Pants Happy Go Lucky patterned papers
Ink: SU More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Cajun Craze
Other: SU circle punches, Classic circle Nesties, SU button, SU border punch, SU twine, SU rhinestones, TE brown ribbon, SU brown button, Fiskars large corner rounder punch, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Have a great week and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leaves....this is a pretty card inside as well as outside! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves against the plaid are fabulous. Great sentiment, too! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week. Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!