About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Happily Ever After

Good Friday afternoon,

TGIF! Do people use that term any longer? That's how I feel though. I had a long and busy work week with lots of driving. I had to make a trip from San Diego to north of Los Angeles twice, Monday and Wednesday. LA traffic is NOT fun!

Today I had an office day and finished up early afternoon. I need a wedding card for a co-worker and decided to make a quick one using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch #190.

I love this simple shadow wedding stamp from Inkadinkado. Today I paired it with papers from Recollections called Habitat.




I rotated the sketch in order to accommodate the image. After cutting out the image with the Spellbinders die, I sponged the edges with antique linen distress ink. Before gluing down the flowered paper, I scrunched it up for a vintage look, then stitched around with some light tan thread.

Supplies
Stamps: Inkadinkado single stamp
Paper: SU Crumb Cake, SU Perfect Plumb and TE Choice Buttercream card stocks and Recollections Habitat patterned papers
Ink: SU Perfect Plumb and Tim Holtz Distress antique linen ink
Other: Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles dies, Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX dies, sewing machine, Recollections flowers, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

I'm SO looking forward to the weekend. I'm sure you are too. Have a great one and thanks for looking in,

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!