About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Have Yourself. . . (Christmas In July)

Hello,

I hope you all had a good Monday. My work day was looooong! I finally made it home around 7:30 pm. 

Today's card was made using the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #35 challenge, and it's a Christmas card for the Christmas in July Paper Players #153 challenge. Last year by this time, I had several Christmas cards completed. This year, maybe 5. I really need to get busy don't I? LOL.







I used some really old patterned papers from one of the first TE Key Ingredients. I didn't label the pack at the time so I have no idea what they are. I stamped the snowflakes from the TE Merry Little Cocktail set in Hero Arts Shadow ink and in SU craft white. I embossed the white flakes with SU white EP.

I stamped the sentiment and the cocktail on the same paper. The sentiment is stamped in Riding Hood Red. The cocktail is stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. I added some Xmas red Stickles to the holly berries. The sentiment was cutout with the Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX dies and layered. After gluing the panel to the card front, I added some rhinestones to the red snowflakes. Very CAS really, and I like the way it turned out.

Here is the inside: also very CAS


Supplies
Stamps: Merry Little Cocktail set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU Riding Hood Red and ??? patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Riding Hood Red, Hero Arts Shadow inks in Red Royal and Raspberry Jam, SU craft white
Other: SU white EP, Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX dies, Xmas red Stickles, SU clear rhinestones, SU corner rounder punch, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Thanks all,
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Well done you, making Christmas cards, I think I'm now at last count.... two. Love how you have decorated the inside as well!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent take on the sketch and a brilliant way to use up those old scraps!! Love, love, love!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sentiment and the perfect way you decorated the holiday barware! Great use of the sketch too...So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile!! So cute and a "spirited" way to celebrate! So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!