About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Snow Day

Hi fellow stampers,

I've been unable to do any blogging for a couple weeks again. Mostly because we took a trip to Portland, OR for Thanksgiving week to visit my sister's family. We had a great time!

Today I have two cards for you. The first uses Karen's SSSC 173 layout and a PI cutie. The second uses Karen's SSSC #172 layout for a birthday for a friend who loves Hawaii.

Here is the card using this weeks sketch:





The color scheme of Certainly Celery and Real Red comes the Dynamic Duos 31.


I changed the circle to an oval, used several Die-namics dies and an SU embossing folder. Her hat and coat are paper pieced. The trim on her hat and boots are filled in with a white gel pen. The rest of her is colored with Copics. The real red button sits on top of a wood veneer snowflake. The snowballs are covered with Stickles to make them icy. 

Here is card number 2:



I got some cool burlap 12 x 12 papers from Paper Source a few weeks ago. I used one of them to make the four squares to go along with the Hawaiian theme for this Birthday card. The patterned paper is retired SU DSP.

Supplies
Card 1:
Stamps: Pure Innocence Snow Day by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Certainly Celery and Real Red card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, Merry & Bright by Carta Bella patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, and SU Real Red
Other: Die-namics Fishtail Stax and Oval Doily dies, SU embossing folder, SU button, Studio Calico wood veneer snowflakes, Kaiser red pearls, Stickles, sewing machine, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Card 2:
Stamps: Tropical Party set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White card stock, burlap paper, and SU Island Oasis DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU chocolate chip, SU Rose Red, and Copics
Other: sewing machine, SU rhinestones, Stickles and dimensionals

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous! Lots and lots of wonderful details! I love the mix of patterned paper on the first card! Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with your card. I love all of the details, layers, and the sewing is perfection. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos. ...and now I'm off to see if I can find that burlap paper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Christmas card is delightful! Love her paper pieced clothes! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!