About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Grateful

Hi and happy Wednesday all,

I got home from work earlier than expected today. Love it when that happens. After finishing some reports, I had some time to post the card that I made last night for this week's The Paper Players challenge #114. This weeks challenge is a sketch. I thought I'd do something fall-ish, but I didn't want to do another Halloween card. (not sure why since I still need a few more for family and friends). Here's what I came up with.




This is a SU only card made with a stamp set from last year called Always Thankful. I'm not sure that I had inked it up until now. The papers are from this year's Holiday Mini catalog and some of my current favorites.

Since it was pretty late last night by the time I figured out what I wanted to use, I was too lazy to color the whole image. I stamped it in Early Expresso onto confetti vanilla CS and was going to leave it. Then I decided to do this old technique of coloring just a portion of the image and spotlighting it. I'm liking the way it turned out. I hope you do too. For the spotlighted portion, I stamped it on another sheet of confetti vanilla CS and then colored it with my aqua painter using the classic ink pads. I then punched it out with the 1 1/4" round punch. The base was punched from Early Expresso with the 1 3/8" round punch.

Here's the inside:


Supplies
Stamps: Always Thankful set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Early Expresso, More Mustard and Confetti Vanilla CS and Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: SU Early Expresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Lucky Limeade classic ink pads
Other: SU medium and large oval, 1 1/4 " and 1 3/8" round and corner rounder punches, SU More Mustard brads, SU Square Lattice EF, and dimensionals

Thanks for looking in today,

Colleen

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards! Love the spotlight you did on the first one! Haven't done that in a long time! Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spotlighting and the inside is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is beautiful! I thought the inside was another card front....it certainly is pretty enough to be one! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous card! Love the spotlighting technique you've used and the embossed strips look great against that paper! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!