About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday

Good Sunday afternoon,

The rain and wind (Yes, a good storm!) has finally hit. We were expecting it. I like to sit and listen to the rain pound against the windows, which as you can guess doesn't happen all that much here. As usual for southern California, it probably won't last long, but it's a nice change of pace while it does last.

I spent most of this morning and early afternoon stamping, working on some of my favorite sketch challenges. The first one that I did is for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch #155. I saw it on Facebook last night (love that she posts them early), and kind of had in mind what I wanted to do.

I thought that the sketch called for something rather simple, so other than layers, that's the approach I took.


This is an all SU card using a new stamp set and new DSP. I kept the colors limited with only three. The punched flowers were not in the original design, but, you know that saying "there's no mistakes, only design opportunities?" Well, I got a smudge of ink just off one of the stamped flowers and I didn't want to do the whole thing over again, so the punched flowers came to my rescue. I kinda like the way they look.

Supplies
Stamps: Bright Blossoms set by Stampin' Up
Paper: all SU, Island Indigo, Real Red, Whisper White card stock and Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Real Red, Island Indigo and Luck Limeade SU pads and markers
Other: SU Boho Blossom punch, SU pearls, sewing machine and dimensionals

Thanks for looking today,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!