About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fall Days Are Fun Days

Good evening all,

While I was on vacation a few weeks ago, I ordered some new Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things. I love this fall sweetie with the carmel apple, so I decided to ink her up first. I'm using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch 130 for the layout. The colors, kraft, yellow and white, come from the current CR84FN36 color challenge.




I think this card works well for the current FTR18 over at Linda's Catered Crop blog. My ingredients are in red.


Colors – primary colors like red, yellow, blue (and green), and a little brown for dirt
Stamps and Stickers – anything that grows from a seed, gardening, back to school, worms!
Patterns – circles, checked/gingham, notebook paper
Color Mediums – stamping ink, markers (ProMarker, Copics)
Embellishments – buttons, ribbon, thread/twine
Tools – border punch, die cut shapes, embossing plates
Techniques – make a bookmark, mat your panels, tie ribbons through your buttons, machine sewing
Theme – garden, back to school


And, since I've used kraft card stock, this card works perfectly for Jeanie's "That's Krafty Thursday" challenge.

Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence "Carmel Apple" by My Favorite Things
Card stock: SU kraft, black, whisper white
Patterned paper: Pebbles Treehouse
Other paper: purchased corrugated kraft 
Ink: memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: SU flower and border punches, Fiskers corner rounder, SU houndstooth embossing folder, SU kraft button, white floss, white candy dots, Sakura gloss pen, sewing machine, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Have a great Wednesday all and thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet image and beautifully coloured. Love the texture in the backing and that pretty flower too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Colleen! What an adorable card! You did a great job coloring that darling image and I love the blossom! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, you know I love Pure Innocence! I have this stamp and haven't had a chance to use it yet. Thanks for the inspiration! Adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop, and don't forget to come back to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so ADORABLE!!! Absolutely darling!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN, but they're not comin' fast enough Colleen!! It's still a 100 degrees here in FLORIDA. Come on AUTUMN, hurry up already, puh-leeeese?? Tee-hee! LOVE this image and especially how you paper pieced her little britches! Nice touch! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge!! (((hen hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!