About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Fourth of July 2011

Happy Saturday all,

For those in the US, I hope everyone is enjoying day number one of a three day weekend. (I hope everyone has a three day weekend).  I took advantage this morning to do some stamping and made a card for the current TESC141. Since it is 4th of July weekend, I made an appropriate card.





I started with some We R Memories "Old Glory" patterned papers and a TE stamp set called Uncle Sam. A pretty quick and easy card until I decided to add rhinestones to the sparkler. Thank goodness for Embellie Jellie.

The gold-ish polka dot paper was embossed with the TE stars impressions plate, then sponged with chalk ink to bring out the stars. Taylor had a video tutorial on her blog a few days ago doing this with her cloud die. Great idea! (Thanks Taylor)

Supplies
Stamps: Uncle Sam by Taylored Expressions
Card stock: SU cherry cobbler and marina mist, TE choice buttercream
Patterned paper: Old Glory by We R Memories
Ink: memento tuxedo black, Copics, Color Box chalk gold
Other: TE stars impressions plate, SU star, circle and small corner rounder punches, sewing machine, star shaped rhinestones, round rhinestones, SU vanilla brad, the Big Shot, and dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!