About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Summer - Happy Birthday

Yikes! I'm almost too late posting a card for June's SFYTT. I really didn't have that much stamping time this month, with traveling to Oregon for my niece's graduation and traveling for work.

I made this card last Tuesday evening to send to our friend Kathy, who lives in Mass. Her birthday is this week. We are going to be spending two weeks at the end of July and first of August with she and the family on Cape Cod. Sooooo looking forward to that!!!

Anyhoo, this card uses more new stamps, dies and papers that I got from Taylored Expressions.



I angled the large square panel some for added interest. I like this look. In my early stamping days, I used this angled panel a lot. Miss Belle penguin is colored with Copics and, as you can see, I sewed around all of the panels.

Stamps: Beach Belle by Taylored Expressions
Card stock: SU cool caribbean, pacific point, close to cocoa and garden green, TE choice snow white
Patterned papers: Splash by Echo Park
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU pacific point
Other: TE wave border and palm tree dies, classic circle and scalloped circle Nesties, SU oval punch, sewing machine, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Yea, it's Friday! Have a fabulous weekend everyone,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Ah, what a cutie! And such a great interpretation of the sketch. I hope you'll play with us some time at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! I wanna be near the water and palm trees like this little cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!