About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday,

Today's card I made to participate in the "Follow the Recipe" challenge (FTR #7) on the Catered Crop blog. This concept looked like fun and so I decided to give it a try. Here's the card that I came up with:

(click image to view larger)

Here's the FTR #7 recipe:

  • Pattern Paper – Plaids or Stripes
  • Colors – Spring, pastel colors
  • Stamps – bunny rabbits, flowers (especially violets)
  • Color Mediums – Copic markers, printer's ink (yep, it's a digital image)
  • Embellishments – pearls, ribbon, felt, flowers
  • Tools – Circle, lace, doily, flower, or curly flourish punches or die cuts
  • Techniques – highlighting around an image, handmade or rolled flower embellishments, tying bows
  • Theme – Spring, Easter, Birthday
  • Shapes – Circles, lace and doilies, curly flourishes.


The rules say to use any of the ingredients to make a project or card and I was able to use most in mine. Here are the supplies I used at each element:

Patterned paper:  Basic Grey Koshi flowers and plaid
Card stock colors: TE pastels
Stamps: Amber Ink bunny and TE Favorite Peeps
Color Mediums: Copics, printed digi stamp, SU bravo burgundy ink
Embellishments: Zva pink pearls, Kaiser rhinestones, sewing machine, felt rolled flowers
Tools: lace doily from TE, big scalloped Nestie, Die-namics rolled flower die, TE background die
Techniques: felt rolled flowers, ribbon "leaves"
Theme: Easter/Spring
Shapes: circles, doily
Other supplies: the Big Shot, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Wowzer, Wow! Colleen, What a wonderful card. And, girlfriend, you rocked the challenge. I'm working on my card tonight for the challenge, and I gotta say, I'm not doing nearly so well as you did. Your card is adorable - and perfect for the challenge. I'm so glad you joined us at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUteness!!! Love it! Thanks for playing along at Catered Crop!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!