About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Wish Big" With Some Paper Piecing and Paper Piercing for SSSC81

Happy Tuesday afternoon,

Here is my entry for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #81.  For this week's card, I used a new stamp to me, Winobella, from Stamping Bella.  I love Bellas! They make me laugh. This card is for my sweet friend Lisa's 50th birthday. Lisa is a crafter too, so I know she will appreciate getting this card for her birthday.

This week's sketch is pretty simple, and I thought a really fun one to work with. When it came to the four side elements, I immediately thought flowers, but then I remembered that I had a bag of these wine glass charms that I must have ordered years ago.  They are popped up on dimensionals, and I think they did the trick to fulfill the sketch element and to add a little extra zing to the card.  What do you all think?

The coloring is very minimal since I paper pieced Bella's dress to match the long side panel.  I also did some piercing in opposite corners with my SU Crafter's Tool Kit for added dimension.  All in all, a pretty quick card to make.


(click on the image to make larger)


Supplies
Stamps: Winobella from Stamping Bella and the greeting is from SU Short and Sweet set (retired)
Card stock and patterned paper: From Taylored Expressions Garden Party Project Pantry kit.  The patterned paper is We R Memories 72 and Sunny
Ink: memento tuxedo black and Copic markers
Other: Stampin' Up large scalloped circle punch, SU crafter's tool kit, Embellish It wine glass charms, and dimensionals

Thanks for checking in today,
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Oh so fun!! I love the theme and those little wine glasses...TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!