About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

SSSC74 - Just For You

It's Sunday and time for one of my favorite sketch challenges.  Karen and the ladies of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have, once again, sent us a fun layout to follow.

This week, I have a fun and bright flower arrangement for you. To make the image, water color crayons were applied directly on the stamp to the area I wanted to use.  The stamp was spritzed with water using a spray bottle with a very fine mist, then stamped onto the water color paper.  This technique was used over and over again until the arrangement was completed.  After the image was sufficiently dry I used the aqua painter with baja breeze ink to wash the blue around the flowers. My inspiration came from one of the images in the SU DSP, Greenhouse Gala.



Supplies
Stamps: Friends Never Fade by Stampin' Up
Card stock: Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, and water color paper by Stampin' Up
Patterned paper:  Greenhouse gala by Stampin' Up
Ink: Water color crayons by Stampin' Up, baja breeze classic ink pad and memento tuxedo black ink pad
Other: SU eyelet border and scallop edge border punches, SU vintage wallpaper embossing folder, the big shot, aqua painter, silver pearls and dimensionals

Have a fabulous week everyone,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!