About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

SSSC71 - Hi From Kona

Good Morning all,

It's Sunday and another beautiful day here.  I got into my stamping room early this morning to check out what Karen had in store for us with this week's sketch.  As always, another goodie.  I haven't used a large oval on a card for quite awhile, and I had some fun with this one.

Once the paper colors were chosen, I decided I wanted the kraft paper to have a "thatched" look, to give it that island feel. I came up with using the lattice embossing folder.  I think it worked pretty well.  I also used SU crystal effects to make the surf board look shinny, since they really are.  All in all, I think it came together very well.  So, enjoy a "trip" to the islands with Kona.




This card for my brother who has had some health issues in the recent months.  He'll get a kick out of this cute little guy saying "Hi," as he likes all things Hawaiian.


Supplies
Stamps:  Hangin' Loose with Kona from OCL
Card Stock: Turquoise blue, kraft and choice buttercream from Taylored Expressions
DSP: From the 2009 Beach Bum key ingredients kit by Taylored Expressions (I don't remember the line it's from)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, and many Copics to color Kona
Other: SU lattice embossing folder, SU vintage brads, classic oval and scalloped oval nesties, the Big Shot, EK Success bubble punch, SU crystal effects, and dimensionals.

Have a fabulous Sunday all!  Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!