About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rockin' Birthday Card- TESC113

Happy Sunday everyone,




I'm flying to Portland, OR Thursday to spend the weekend with my sister's family. We will be celebrating my nephew's 13th birthday.
I used this week's TESC layout to make his card.  When I saw the sketch, it seemed a bit intimidating.  After thinking about it, and the fact that my nephew loves playing the guitar, I got this image in my brain and was able to translate it to a card.  This definitely isn't one of the 30 minute cards, as it took a few hours to come together.  Once it did, I am pretty happy with it and I know my nephew will be too.





Supplies:

Stamps:  Taylored Expressions "Your My Hero" set
Cards stock, DSP, metallic brads, and silver foil from "Your My Hero Key Ingredients" by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, real red, not quite navy, Copic markers, Versa mark craft pad
Other: Stampin' Up top note die, classic circle nesties, SU silver and clear EP, sponge, The Big Shot, crystal effects liquid and dimensionals.

The emboss resist technique was used in the white circle.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

4 comments:

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!