About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

SSSC57 Black and White Easter Greetings

Good morning,

It's Sunday and that means Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge time.  I have been having lots of fun this weekend making cards with the February Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions.  I know most people think of pastel colors when it comes to Easter, but I decided that combining the bright pink with the black and white would be fun.  What do you think?




Recipe:
Card stock, DSP and ribbon from the February Key Ingredients kit.  Stamp sets are SU Garden From the Heart and Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Memento tuxedo black, pretty in pink, garden green, blush blossom, and bravo burgundy inks. I made two sets of striped papers.  One was used for the card background and the other one was cut with the Curved rectangles nestabilities, layered onto pink card stock and popped up with a double layer of dimensionals. Circle and scallop circle nestabilities frame the hat which was also cut out and popped up with dimensionals.  That does it.

Have a great week,
Colleen



3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! The little "hidden" panel is just so unique and the pop of pink against the black is wonderful! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink against the black - really effective!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!